MEDICAID REDETERMINATION - MAINE
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Last updated: 3/10/23
What is Medicaid redetermination?
Every year, you have to reapply for Medicaid in order to keep your benefits. During COVID-19, the government didn’t make anyone do this. But now, you have to start reapplying again.
What do I have to do to keep my Medicaid benefits?
- Update your contact information – Make sure MaineCare has your current address, email, and phone number so they can contact you about your renewal.
- Be on the lookout! When you get an envelope in the mail with a blue block on it, that means it is time to renew. (When It’s Blue, Renew).
- Reapply! Complete your renewal form when it arrives.
What happens if my Medicaid is not renewed?
- Let your Office Manager know. The state has options and resources for those who may lose coverage – we have a plan to help you.
- Apply for different health insurance through CoverME.gov.