MEDICAID REDETERMINATION - NEW HAMPSHIRE
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Last updated: 3/10/23
What is Medicaid redetermination?
Every year, you have to reapply for Medicaid in order to keep your benefits. During COVID-19, the government didn’t make anyone do this. But now, you have to start reapplying again.
What do I have to do to keep my Medicaid benefits?
- Make sure DHHS has your contact information. Update your contact information online through your NH EASY account or by calling DHHS Customer Service at 844-275-3447.
- Save your pin! To access the NH Medicaid portal, you need a username, password, and four-digit pin assigned by DHHS. The state is sending pins out to everyone through the mail to your address on file. If you apply over the phone, you don’t need the pin.
- Reapply! When you receive a yellow notice from the state telling you to reapply, submit your application.
What if I need help or have questions?
- NH DHHS has set up a support line. Call 844-275-3447 and select option 3 (Monday – Friday,
9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.)
- If you’d like help from someone at Groups, please talk to your Office Manager.